I’ve finished bag no. 2 of the ecobags for Vivian of Ecoyarns.  I’m pleased with the way it turned out, though I have to say that I hadn’t realized it would take quite so long to complete.  Rather than timing every session I worked out roughly how many lazy daisies I could complete in 15 mins.  Turns out I can stitch about 5 daisies in that time – if I’m having an energetic embroidery session.  So I counted all the flowers and did an estimate from there.

On the pink side there are just over 300 flowers.  That’s about 15 hours of work stitching Lazy daisies!

On the yellow side there are around 160 flowers.  That’s about 8 hours work stitching lazy daisies.

I’ve also been doing a bit more drawing and painting.  I drew/painted (drumroll, please! This is all very exciting), some leaves!

I used Inktense pencils and derwent watercolour pencils.  I was a little inventive with the colours.

Advertisements