image

Pulling gently…hooray!  No stitches had gone through the base fabric when I wasn’t looking. It all came away pretty cleanly.

image

Today I’ve taken advantage of the break in the weather to block it using some home made starch. I found this recipe online and added some inessence harmony essential oil.

I tried to find my unmarkable mat, but it’s been packed away somewhere, so I improvised with a some baking paper over a towel.  I liked it because you could press into it to give some of the pieces a three dimensional shape.

image

Starched some other little shapes as well. The two dark blue ones at the bottom are the ones I’ve moulded into a depression in the towel. I hope they turn out.

Wow…I had Mahler’s symphony no.1 playing….way too heavy for lace making. I’ve swapped it for a beautiful Jaqueline Du Pre’ cd.

Advertisements